EXB performs both high and low level software test. EXB’s test services include rigorous software test for mission-critical and safety-critical systems. EXB performs test activities in either of the following contexts:
- As part of a development effort undertaken by EXB on behalf of the customer, or
- where EXB is contracted specifically to perform independent test or independent verification and validation (IV&V) activities for a project, but is not the development contractor.
In either context, EXB has extensive experience developing software test plans, test requirements, test cases, test procedures, and test reports, as well as performing regression analysis.
EXB provides the following definitions:
Software Verification – Confirmation process that each step or stage of activity in the product development life-cycle meets its documented input requirements. Verification activities might include: software test, code review, statistical analysis, etc.
Software Validation – Confirmation that documented system requirements have been correctly implemented in the end product based on inputs throughout and at completion of the product development life-cycle.
Please read more about our Test Capability and Approach.
Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) INS Systems and
The Joint Strike Fighter (JSF, also known as the F-35 Lightning II) is the U.S. Department of Defense's focal point for defining affordable next generation strike aircraft weapon systems for the Navy, Air Force, Marines, and its allies. The JSF’s advanced airframe, autonomic logistics, avionics, propulsion systems, stealth, and firepower will ensure that it is affordable, lethal, supportable and survivable. The JSF Inertial Navigation System (INS) is a strapdown system of instruments (gyroscopes and accelerometers) that measures 3-axis angular rate and 3-axis linear acceleration.
EXB performed the following:
- System Requirement Verification - Defined system requirement test cases and procedures and executed them.
- Software Requirement Verification - Defined software requirement test cases and procedures and executed them.
- Requirement Coverage Analysis - Analyzed test coverage of system and software requirements and documented through a trace matrix.
EXB also assisted with test environment setup and task management activities, including problem reporting and status reporting.